The Safe Quality Food (SQF) Program is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognized food safety certification. SQF uses Codex HACCP methodology to identify and control food safety and quality hazards. It covers all stages of the food supply chain through industry-specific codes ranging from primary production through to food manufacturing, distribution, food packaging and retail.
Successful certification shows our organization’s commitment to applying food safety best practice providing your customers, consumers, trade agencies and government enforcement with assurance that effective control systems are in place. Organizations can also incorporate and additional standard to assess product and service quality attributes.
Certification to SQF demonstrates our commitment to a preventative, risk-based food safety and quality management system, including:
- Improved process management by helping to identify and manage risk
- Consistent application across sites
- Reduced recalls and withdrawals
- Improve traceability
- Monitoring of product checks
- Facilitating product specification
- Improving the customer experience